Saturday 28 August 2010

Reggae Convert

I guess the best thing about music is how varied it is. It's a concept loved by the world. It's what brings people together. It's a common interest that binds people, places and memories. Within it are a plethora of genres that further consolidate friendships between like-minded listeners.
I've just come back from two weeks in the South of Italy. It was an intense period spent with native Italians and no English speakers (I don't speak Italian). I experienced major culture shock and at times questioned my own viewpoints. You know how it is when you are the minority. Anyway one thing I didn't expect was the Reggae invasion. We spent 4 days in a camping site and the whole time our ears were invaded with the sonic noise of laid back Reggae lyrics and beats. And now I can't get enough of it.

It carries no pretense. Memories of laying back on the inflatable couches under the campsite's sky. With the obvious spark up or two...

Kick back and enjoy.

Reggae by blueeyedchihuahua

Funky Reggae Mix by Funk the System by funkthesystem

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you looking at?

My photo
I am more than prone to monologues; however, this is solely due to the manner in which they compliment a witty anecdote and their ability to resemble concrete evidence when it is so obviously lacking. I often wish I could emulate that aloof character who coolly stands in the corner smiling mysteriously as if she has a secret. However, I fear resisting the temptation to involve myself in other people’s conflicts and responding through body language rather than verbose banter may come across as contrived and arrogant. And, I am not willing to take that chance.

Ye Faithful