Tuesday 20 September 2011

PLAYBUTTON

Playbutton, the circle with might, has finally come into fruition. It grew little arms and made it's way to our Australian shores. What the hell am I talking about? The Playbutton is quite literally a button which when connected to headphones plays an album in its whole glory. It's about reverting to the days when people appreciated the album from start to finish, there was none of this skipping business, or worse still downloading just this song or that.

Melbourne store Third Drawer Down now have them in stock for $30 a pop. They currently stock three albums by: The XX, Bow Ribbons and Dirty Three.

Head over to the Opening Ceremony blog to read an interview with the Spanish creator Nick Dangerfield.

[I wrote about it late last year for Concrete Playground.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you looking at?

My photo
I am more than prone to monologues; however, this is solely due to the manner in which they compliment a witty anecdote and their ability to resemble concrete evidence when it is so obviously lacking. I often wish I could emulate that aloof character who coolly stands in the corner smiling mysteriously as if she has a secret. However, I fear resisting the temptation to involve myself in other people’s conflicts and responding through body language rather than verbose banter may come across as contrived and arrogant. And, I am not willing to take that chance.

Ye Faithful