Tuesday 17 February 2009

Joaquin Phoenix Quits & Turns to Rapping.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Unfortunalty the Joaquin Phoenix team have taken Phoenix's recent David Letterman interview off the web. It is now, no longer available for viewing. This is indeed a shame, because I would have liked to hear your sentiments on the issue.

On 11 Feb 09 Phoenix was a guest on the Dave Letterman Show. Unfortunately his mind couldn't make it, so his body took one for the team. He was supossed to be on the show promoting his new movie 'Two Lovers', but it seems even grutting was too much effort.

'Two Lovers' director James Gray, who also directed the 34-year-old star in The Yards and We Own The Night, is concerned that he played a role in Phoenix's recent behaviour saying that Phoenix's character experiments with rap in the movie, which is loosely based on Gray's own life experience.

James Gray:

"I found out he's built a recording studio in his house and he's working with Diddy. I tried to talk him out of it. He got very angry."

He's working with Diddy? P. Diddy? The artist formerly known as Puff Daddy? WTF.

After Phoenix announced his career change decision, on David Letterman, he was mocked by the host and studio audience.

Joaquin said: "I have been working on my music. I am doing hip-hop music.

"This isn't a joke. Why are they laughing?"

As the laughter grew louder, an upset-looking Joaquin insisted: "I am serious about this. What is it with this maniacal laughter in here? I don't get it. Is this supposed to be fun?"

While many believe the actor is mentally unstable others wonder whether the whole thing is a charade, a hoax set up by Phoenix himself.

Here is his brief interview with E! Entertainment Channel. Casey Affleck seems to be as confused as the rest of us.



Here is Joaquin's debut as a rapper.. in which he takes a rather sudden trip.. You know what they say about first impressions...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you looking at?

My photo
I am more than prone to monologues; however, this is solely due to the manner in which they compliment a witty anecdote and their ability to resemble concrete evidence when it is so obviously lacking. I often wish I could emulate that aloof character who coolly stands in the corner smiling mysteriously as if she has a secret. However, I fear resisting the temptation to involve myself in other people’s conflicts and responding through body language rather than verbose banter may come across as contrived and arrogant. And, I am not willing to take that chance.

Ye Faithful