Wednesday 1 April 2009

Loss of Sensation



When you continually trace the tip of your finger over a tactile surface, eventually that tip becomes numb. The sensation of feeling is lost and that indulgent activity loses all meaning.

This analogy can be likened to that of human emotion.

No one, not even oneself, can ever predict the next move, especially when feelings are involved.

When you find a texture that you want to reach out and touch, feelings surface. You enjoy the sensation of feeling, so much so that you persist. You overdose and then eventually the feeling disappears and you yearn for more.

The feeling is fickle and it's time to move on.

A mere 10 mins ago, you couldn't think of anything worse.

Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you looking at?

My photo
I am more than prone to monologues; however, this is solely due to the manner in which they compliment a witty anecdote and their ability to resemble concrete evidence when it is so obviously lacking. I often wish I could emulate that aloof character who coolly stands in the corner smiling mysteriously as if she has a secret. However, I fear resisting the temptation to involve myself in other people’s conflicts and responding through body language rather than verbose banter may come across as contrived and arrogant. And, I am not willing to take that chance.

Ye Faithful