Sunday 24 October 2010

Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Secret London Gig

Since moving to Berlin my ears have been pretty busy. From of Montreal, Shout Out Louds, Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin et al. it's been crazy awesome. Though it wasn't until Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti show that my mind was really blow into a million psyched out pieces.



Ariel Pink in Berlin from Jasmine Fool on Vimeo.


What a performer. I mean the guy totally puts on a show. Dude ain't even that weird. Meeting him before the show I was surprised to see him during. He acted completely disabled. Was it just the music taking over? Was it involuntary reactions? Or just all of the above? Who the hell cares. All I know is that those baggy long johns had way too much extra room. It was definitely 'wang-ten' up at the front row.



Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - "Bright Lit Blue Skies" from gorillavsbear.net on Vimeo.


To cut to the chase. Ariel + band are making their way over to London to perform a secret show at CATCH bar on 2 Nov at 7pm. Tickets are only £5 and there are no advance tickets!!! GET THERE EARLY.


Definitely in my top 5 shows. Hopefully Geneva Jacuzzi will be gracing the stage prior to her bf's stage time. Geneva was originally in Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti before he had to kick her out for being tardy. In our interview she confirmed that this was anything but a hindrance to their relationship.


Geneva Jacuzzi interview pending.


Check the Facebook page for details!


Or if you are in Australia Ariel Pink will be performing on 10 Feb 2011 for a whopping $45. EXTORTION. 




Ariel Pink Crowd Surfs in Berlin from Jasmine Fool on Vimeo.


Footage from their Berlin show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you looking at?

My photo
I am more than prone to monologues; however, this is solely due to the manner in which they compliment a witty anecdote and their ability to resemble concrete evidence when it is so obviously lacking. I often wish I could emulate that aloof character who coolly stands in the corner smiling mysteriously as if she has a secret. However, I fear resisting the temptation to involve myself in other people’s conflicts and responding through body language rather than verbose banter may come across as contrived and arrogant. And, I am not willing to take that chance.

Ye Faithful