Tuesday 5 October 2010

Dave Sitek & Maximum Balloon













Where does TV On The Radio's Dave Sitek get the time? I mean seriously. His finger prints are everywhere - the boy don't stop! The super producer has worked with everyone in the music industry from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Liars and even lesbian duo Telepathe. Well Maximum Balloon is his new project that was released at the beginning of September. For this album the NY producer decided to move to sunny LA where'd he'd gather a bevy of bands and musicians - 10 to be exact - in order to create this collaborative effort. Apparently it was a natural move; after enlisting the help of artist Aku Aku on song 'Tiger' Sitek decided the other nine tracks should hold the some steez. Et voila Maximum Balloon was born.
Artists include Talking Head's David Byrne, YYY's Karen O (of course), Theophilus London and Swedish hot property Little Dragon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you looking at?

My photo
I am more than prone to monologues; however, this is solely due to the manner in which they compliment a witty anecdote and their ability to resemble concrete evidence when it is so obviously lacking. I often wish I could emulate that aloof character who coolly stands in the corner smiling mysteriously as if she has a secret. However, I fear resisting the temptation to involve myself in other people’s conflicts and responding through body language rather than verbose banter may come across as contrived and arrogant. And, I am not willing to take that chance.

Ye Faithful