Tuesday 19 October 2010

Shout Out Louds - Fall Harder


Shout Out Louds - Fall Hard from Thomas Saurén on Vimeo.

Swedish band Shout Out Loud are currently on their European tour promoting third album 'WORK'. The title is meant to represent an embracing of the thing they love and less appear a begrudging statement. This time around the band decided they wanted to strip away a lot of the dramatic sound they had in sophomore 'Our Ill Will' and as a result they decided to work with producer Phil Ek (Fleet Foxes, Band of Horses, The Shins). Their last two records were produced by Peter Bjorn and John's Björn Yttling, though for 'Work' they were very adament about working with a non-Swedish producer.

Today I'll be interviewing the Stolkholm band prior to their show in Berlin.

Here's a mini-doco about the process of creating 'WORK'


Shout Out Louds "At Work" from Ted Malmros on Vimeo.

Check out the rest of their tour dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you looking at?

My photo
I am more than prone to monologues; however, this is solely due to the manner in which they compliment a witty anecdote and their ability to resemble concrete evidence when it is so obviously lacking. I often wish I could emulate that aloof character who coolly stands in the corner smiling mysteriously as if she has a secret. However, I fear resisting the temptation to involve myself in other people’s conflicts and responding through body language rather than verbose banter may come across as contrived and arrogant. And, I am not willing to take that chance.

Ye Faithful