Thursday 24 September 2009

A Full Set of Eyelashes

I recently purchased a new computer; however, it seems my fingers are having a hard time accepting the new change. Sure they slide across the keyboard with effortless glee but the words that they create, I got to say, that ain’t that grand. This is indeed a shame. It’s as if there has been a death in the family and the replacement lacks the history that once bound my fingers to the keyboard.

My previous laptop, bless its little soul, had a good run but by the fifth year its little lungs were out of breathe. I was in denial. Due to my financial situation at the time of its demise, I opted for the more affordable option – getting the hard-drive rebooted at a computer swap meet. For the $50 I spent, the result was surprisingly good. Unfortunately, like clockwork, those tell tale signs crept their way back onto my computer screen.

Pages would take a good 20 minutes to load –I’d entertain myself by pulling out eyelashes- while the cursor seemed to have a mind of its own. I was seasoned in eyelashes with little to no control.

Today I sit with my full set of eyelashes but the cursor blinks despondently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you looking at?

My photo
I am more than prone to monologues; however, this is solely due to the manner in which they compliment a witty anecdote and their ability to resemble concrete evidence when it is so obviously lacking. I often wish I could emulate that aloof character who coolly stands in the corner smiling mysteriously as if she has a secret. However, I fear resisting the temptation to involve myself in other people’s conflicts and responding through body language rather than verbose banter may come across as contrived and arrogant. And, I am not willing to take that chance.

Ye Faithful