Tuesday 4 September 2012

Big Mike AKA Michael Clarke Duncan Dies






















Michael Clarke Duncan was most famously known as the burly prison inmate in Tom Hanks' Green Mile. It's the movie that bought him to fame and the one that lead to staring roles in The Whole Nine Yards, Sin City, Planet of the Apes and Kung Fu Panda.

Clarke died today after being treated at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, for a heart-attack. Condolences have flooded the Internet with many tweets coming from celebrity pals, including: Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnston.

A lot of people don't know that the industrial-size actor first came under the spotlight as Notorious B.I.G's body guard. It was the fateful night of the shooting that led him to quit his job and pursue his life-long dream of acting. He also worked as a body-guard for Will Smith and Jamie Foxx.

He leaves behind his fiancee Reverend Omarosa Manigault.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you looking at?

My photo
I am more than prone to monologues; however, this is solely due to the manner in which they compliment a witty anecdote and their ability to resemble concrete evidence when it is so obviously lacking. I often wish I could emulate that aloof character who coolly stands in the corner smiling mysteriously as if she has a secret. However, I fear resisting the temptation to involve myself in other people’s conflicts and responding through body language rather than verbose banter may come across as contrived and arrogant. And, I am not willing to take that chance.

Ye Faithful