Sunday 30 September 2012

George Michael Cancels Tour

George Michael has cancelled his November concert tour of Australia, claiming to be suffering from lingering ‘‘anxiety’’ in the wake of a major health scare late last year. In a statement issued via his website, the controversial English singer announced the cancellation of his forthcoming Australian shows, adding that to do so ‘‘breaks my heart’’. The 49-year-old singer cancelled a concert in Vienna scheduled for November 21 last year due to what was initially reported as ‘‘a chest infection’’. At the time, his management believed he would be able to recover in time for a show two days later in Strasbourg. In less than a year, this is the second artist toured by Dainty Group that has cancelled. The first being Janet Jackson in early Nov 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you looking at?

My photo
I am more than prone to monologues; however, this is solely due to the manner in which they compliment a witty anecdote and their ability to resemble concrete evidence when it is so obviously lacking. I often wish I could emulate that aloof character who coolly stands in the corner smiling mysteriously as if she has a secret. However, I fear resisting the temptation to involve myself in other people’s conflicts and responding through body language rather than verbose banter may come across as contrived and arrogant. And, I am not willing to take that chance.

Ye Faithful