Tuesday 4 September 2012

Azealia Banks - 90s Revival


In the short while since '212', Harlem rapper Azealia Banks has embraced a complete dress change. For the new '1991' Banks channels '90s Vogue - a black two piece suit, maroon lipstick, slick wavy hair..

It's hello Janet Jackson a la Rhythm Nation and Naomi Campbell a la EVERY 90s magazine cover.

The Justin Mitchell-directed video also shows a dash of Crystal Water's "100% Pure Love" for good measure.

Sound: think M-People.

The 22 century 90s diva continues to ride the wave with the Rankin-directed follow-up 'Vogue'.

It's lip-smacking good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you looking at?

My photo
I am more than prone to monologues; however, this is solely due to the manner in which they compliment a witty anecdote and their ability to resemble concrete evidence when it is so obviously lacking. I often wish I could emulate that aloof character who coolly stands in the corner smiling mysteriously as if she has a secret. However, I fear resisting the temptation to involve myself in other people’s conflicts and responding through body language rather than verbose banter may come across as contrived and arrogant. And, I am not willing to take that chance.

Ye Faithful